Friday, 24th April 2020
Here are some of the measures that we have implemented to safeguard the health of our team during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Staff are encouraged to travel to work in family groups or department groups
- We have advised staff on the sanitation of cars
- We check staff and visitors' temperature daily on arrival
- We control the numbers of people in locker rooms and
- We have implemented a one way system with 2 metre spacing lines marked on floors
- We have installed additional portable toilets
- We have put up a marquee so that staff can exercise social distancing during outside breaks and spaced chairs 2m apart
- We have devised a procedure for distribution drivers when delivering to customers
- All drivers have been equipped with a distribution drivers hygiene kit including water carriers and soap for hand washing, hand sanitiser bottles, gloves and non surgical face masks
- Office staff are working from home where practical
- We have installed screens in sales office
- We have added a temporary building as an office in the yard
- We have enhanced our internet video link for meetings and team communication
- We have regular pastoral contact with remote workers
- We have translated staff work place distancing briefings into four different languages
- We have conducted a risk analysis of each work station and implemented a hierarchy of protection measures
- We have installed screens between staff where possible in the factory and have issued visors where this is not possible
- We have provided non-surgical face masks* to staff who come into close contact with others or who move around the factory
- We have recruited additional staff to cover illness and key skills
*Note some staff wear high spec masks as a normal part of their PPE if they work close to live chickens as poultry dust is a known health hazard
Tuesday, 17th March 2020
To our Soanes Family
We’ve been thinking a lot about you lately – our customers, our employees and our greater communities. Whilst we are striving to run our operations largely as normal, your health and safety are our top priorities and at the heart of every decision we make. We believe it’s critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation:
We are working tirelessly to make sure that the products you love are available when you want them, delivered in the safest way possible.
We are diligently following guidance and best practices from the NHS and UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, amongst others.
Our customer service team is available to answer any questions about your experience, work with you on the best delivery option and provide more information on the many precautions we’re taking to protect your health and safety.
We are equally committed to taking care of our employees:
We are asking individuals to refrain from travel unless critical, and have established quarantine procedures after travel to high-risk areas.
We have consulted with the latest government guidance in epidemiology and infectious disease to ensure we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure the safety and well-being of our people.
We are providing resources to help employees modify how they work, including remote work wherever possible.
We have created forums to help employees stay connected and keep up-to-date with information to help them stay healthy.
While the environment around us is uncertain, we take comfort in the fact that we have a world-class team and a compassionate and loyal community of customers. We stand ready to serve, and hope that our website and social channels can be a source of support, inspiration and solutions for you – because sometimes we all need a break from the news.
Soanes Management Team
Photo by Fusion Medical Animation on Unsplash