3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
knob of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
1 orange, grated zest and juice
2 medium red onions, sliced
2 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 skinless boneless chicken thighs, diced
20 button mushrooms 3 courgettes, sliced
20 cherry tomatoes, mixture of red and yellow
2 large red peppers, seeded and each cut into 10 pieces
1. Mix the garlic, ginger and orange zest to a paste in a food processor.
2. Add the honey, orange juice, soy sauce and oil, then blend again.
3. Pour the mixture over the cubed chicken and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
4. Toss in the mushrooms and the courgettes for the last half an hour so they take on some of the flavour too.
5. Thread the chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, onions and peppers onto 20 wooden skewers, then cook on a griddle pan or a barbeque for 7-8 minutes each side or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
6. Turn the kebabs frequently until evenly cooked.
7. Serve with griddled vine tomatoes and a green salad.