4 small skinless chicken fillets
100ml soy sauce
½ tsp chopped chilli
2 tsp finely sliced ginger
3 pints chicken stock
2 portions medium egg noodles
4 handfuls of beansprouts
200g baby leaf spinach or mixed baby salad leaves
4 spring onions
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and halved
Tabasco and soy sauce to serve
1. Marinade the chicken in the soy sauce, chilli and ginger overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
3. Remove the chicken, place in a heatproof dish and cover with foil.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
5. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
6. Bring the stock to the boil and add the remaining marinade, cooking juices and seasoning to taste.
7. Divide the stock between four large bowls.
8. Slice the chicken
9. Place half a portion of noodles into the bottom of each bowl and place little piles of the sliced chicken, beansprouts, greens, spring onions and chilli around the bowl. Top with a halved hardboiled egg.
10. Adjust the heat by adding tabasco and the saltiness with soy sauce.
You will need a napkin to keep your shirt clean! No slurping!