In order to address the worldwide issue of developing resistance to antibiotics Soanes Poultry follows a “target zero antibiotic” policy.
The key measures of this policy are
- Zero tolerance on the use of fluoroquinolone or colistin antibiotics
- Specifically we seek to end the use of Macrolide antibiotics except where absolutely necessary and only after consultation with Soanes Poultry and our veterinary advisors
- Work with growers to enhance biosecurity and disinfection routines
- Develop alternative approaches to the use of antibiotics
- Record and track antibiotic usage to identify growers that need support in reducing the need for treatment and where treatment has been administered, proactively seek reduction of antibiotics in successive placements of birds.